What is data science?
Our mission is for you to get closer to your customer and you to know their needs and wants before they do.
Producing insights from the sheer volume of raw data available and then using these insights to get closer to your customers is a constant challenge.
We transform businesses and their decision-making processes by making them understand the pattern and characteristics hidden within their data. Our data science team helps mitigate business risks and drive business outcomes by helping companies make smarter decisions and improve customer experience based on facts and through the application of data.
Our approach to data science
Data science is a term used for people who bring in multi-disciplinary skills of technology, mathematics, and, most importantly, business and commercial acumen.
It requires deep thinking and intense intellectual curiosity to help transform organisations through the application of data. That’s what we pride ourselves on. We drive business outcomes by uncovering truth that lies hidden in data. The quality of people, our approach to problem solving, our style of data interrogation, and our most advanced machine learning platform is what sets us apart.
We act as change agents and difference-makers in situations where you can no longer afford to carry on operating in the way they have always operated.
Why use Edit for Data Science?
- Edit’s data science practice, unlike others, is not just having statistical and mathematical people working together in projects. Our data science team has strategists, data engineers, data scientists and marketing and businesspeople in the team.
- Our strategists work to determine your objectives and the outcomes; we work hard to understand what keeps you awake at night. For there on, we work what data you require and how you require it which is where our data engineers come in. We then structure data to ensure it is fit for analytics before passing it to the data scientists who generate the insight.
- The data marketers in the team then use the insight to recommend the ‘So what’ and how best to use the insight to optimise performance and improve ROI. We also pride ourselves on using the best possible tools available in the market rather than pigeonholing ourselves on a handful of ecosystems.
- Our team also have the diversity of working with clients across various industry sectors and we can bring in best practices across the different industry sectors.
List of Services
- Business Reporting and Data Visualisation – To give you accurate, timely information in the most visual and easy to understand way which can easily be shared and understood. We use AI based reporting plugins which have the capability to write the reports for you
- Profiling & Segmentation: Customer profiling and segmentation helps you come closer to your customers by better recognising customers’ characteristics, behaviour, and traits.
- Predictive models – We help you get closer your customers by understanding their needs before they do and recommending the most relevant next action. We develop all types of predictive models including but not limited to next best action, churn modelling, responder models, lookalike model, upsell/cross-sell model
- Attribution Modelling – Attribution modelling helps to evaluate the importance of every customer touchpoint. It is vital to assessing the value and the role of every media the consumer is exposed to in their journey.
- Digital Analytics – By understanding the way visitors interact with your site, you can change and improve the whole experience. It’s invaluable to gain insights from analytics data in order to do this.
- Machine Learning – We use one of the most advanced machine learning platforms to develop models in real-time and automate those models for you to engage the consumer in real-time. Our machine learning platform helps you make the concept of ‘moment marketing’ real
- Market Sizing and Sensing – We use macroeconomic data and your customer data to determine your market size and the growth and headroom in the market
We train people to become data scientists and deploy data science practices within their organisations. We believe data science is not a one-off activity but a culture, and we help businesses embed that culture by working with business leaders.
We take a very practical approach to data science training, with every training plan built bespoke to you business and its needs. We cater to all levels, whether you’re looking to introduce your teams to data science practices or you want to go the next level and deploy machine learning and deep learning practices. We also run specific technology training (on the tools mentioned above) and train teams to develop data science solutions on specific platforms.
We are thought leaders and are frequently asked to present in conferences and events across the UK and Europe and have won various prestigious awards for our data science work that helped clients massively improve business performance.