What is content?
Your content is your voice – it’s how you sound and talk to users and to search engines. From the first word to the last, it’s a chance to engage, inform, and convert your audience. But first, you have to use the right words in the right places at the right time.
H1s, FAQs, infographics, product descriptions, meta copy – there’s a right way to write, structure, and present each section of your website to get the best possible results. And we can help you find it.
Our approach to content
We start with you
We begin with you so you can be confident every word we suggest is designed to meet your site’s individual needs. We’ll work with your teams to:
- Understand your brand.
- Get to know your target audience.
- Identify your competitors.
- Establish targets and goals.
We assess where you’re at
Once we understand who you are and what you want to achieve, we’re ready to figure out the best way to do it.
We’ll begin by taking stock of your site, looking at its performance from both a UX and SEO perspective by way of a:
- Content audit.
- Gap analysis.
- Competitor analysis.
We formulate your plan
We can develop a strategy that will help you get where you want to be. It can include an in-depth overview of:
- Pages that need to be created, removed, or merged.
- Content that needs to be updated.
- Keywords that need to be included.
- Detailed instructions for SEO-specific improvements (such as interlinking and meta copy).
- Opportunities for creative improvements (such as tools, videos, and graphics).
- Opportunities for creative campaigns and outreach (such as digital assets).
We deliver your results
Our expert writers, designers, and PR executives know how to deliver the exact messages that need to be conveyed, whether it’s a short and sweet set of FAQs or the words that sit at the very top of your homepage. We can help to execute your content strategy by way of:
- Content writing.
- Digital PR outreach.
Why use Edit for content?
- Where you see words, we see opportunities. The right on-site content commands attention and gets results for your brand.
- We provide a complete editorial offering. No managing and coordinating freelancers or internal teams. Just polished, website-ready work from experienced writers and strategists who have access to industry-leading SEO, UX, CRM, and CRO knowledge and tools.
- From strategy to execution, we make each word count to craft the kind of content that gives you return on investment.
List of services
There’s no set formula – your on-site content should be tailored to your needs. Our SEO and content strategists, writers, designers, and PR executives work together to figure out the very best approach for your brand. You can pick and mix between our three main areas of focus:
Just need strategy? That’s fine. Know what you want and just want it writing up? We can do that. Want both? Sounds great.
- Content strategy: You can’t know what to write without knowing what you need to say. We can audit your existing on-site content, your competitors, and cross-reference all that against cutting-edge best practice to identify the problems that need fixing and the gaps that need filling.
- Content production: Our copy is created by writers dedicated to their craft. We don’t ‘churn copy out’. Whether it’s a product page, a thought leadership article, a blog post, or a data visualisation asset, we find the exact words to represent your brand and satisfy users and search engines.
- Content amplification: Writing amazing on-site content is futile without proper integration with other channels, which is why audience acquisition and retention are the forces behind all the content we produce. We’ve created it for the people – now we take it to the people.
We’re all about the sharing of knowledge and expertise, so bespoke training is one of our key content services. Want to know how to write search-friendly content? How to blend content marketing in with your brand strategy? Whether you’re a lone digital marketer or a team of in-house content creators, we have years of print and digital experience we’re happy to share with you.