For 30 years, SpaSeekers.com has been the spa booking specialist that has helped over 1 million people find their perfect relaxing spa experience.
Keeping things organic.
SpaSeekers.com approached Edit in March 2018 with the challenge to increase their online visibility and to deliver a reliable long-term growth strategy.
However, during onboarding in April SpaSeekers.com were hit by the broad core algorithm surrounding relevancy, resulting in a significant loss of overall visibility.
This meant that the previous KPI’s were replaced with a challenge to turn around their organic visibility.
Starting with SEO
Edit executed a detailed SEO strategy including:
- re-writing content across 300 URL’s
- Category page re-designs,
- Technical auditing and fixes
- Optimised meta data and internal linking
- A 12-month blog strategy which included hub, advice and inspirational pieces
Strengthening backlinks with engaging content
Edit also formed a creative content marketing campaign which improved on the client’s weak backlink profile. This consisted of three main pieces of content:
Sunsets Around the World which used imagery from international photographers to show the sunset every hour in 24 locations. Powerful imagery was a core requirement to ensure top-tier publications would pick up the content, whilst the onsite asset gave the journalists content to link back to. The global focus of the campaign enabled us to capture the interest of international journalists.
European Relaxation Index ranked each city break by how relaxing they are. We compiled several data points including: how busy the city is and how happy the locals are. We used the data to outreach to UK and international journalists to achieve further links and coverage.
A break at home – This UK focussed campaign revealed the most ‘instagrammable’ UK locations to watch the sunset based on social media data, collected using Crimson Hexagon.
The Global Relaxation Campaign went live in June 2018 to ensure our content was at the centre of travel inspired conversations during the peak summer period – a core time for SpaSeekers.com for online bookings.
Despite launching at a competitive time, we successfully set up an exclusive with travel and lifestyle authority at Forbes, overall the campaign achieved:
- 181 media placements in 5 months which included 105 referring domain links across top-tier international press (exceeding the KPI of 100 links across 12 months)
- 18,857 campaign page visits over two months all generated from organic activity.
- Coverage and links across the biggest and most relevant travel industry publications, including Forbes, Lonely Planet (x2), Daily Mail, Vogue, Telegraph, Business Insider and Cosmopolitan.
- SpaSeekers.com have now reached record organic traffic levels and are at the highest position they’ve ever been. We have seen a 21% increase in organic traffic year on year.
- We have seen a substantial increase of online visibility and market share.
- The campaign creative won site of the day and featured on design recognition sites such as Awwwards.com, ccswinner.com, cssdesignawards.com
- Shortlisted for Best Use of PR in a Search Campaign and Best use of PR Travel and Leisure – UK Search Awards 2018)
Media placements in 5 months
Increase in organic traffic levels YoY